Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Friend Aaron

I know people are wondering what happened...so here is the information I have on what went on. Aaron's mom is asking for a full autopsy, we will know more when that is over. His mom and I are talking daily. The story starts back in May when Aaron went to Puerto Rico with a group. While he was there, he was separated from his group and got in a cab. He was taken to the wrong part of town, where he was robbed and severely beaten. Aaron is trained in martial arts and a good fighter, so if it had been one or two people, he could have taken them. Since then he has been suffering from post traumatic stress and couldn't sleep or eat or go out. Thursday he was complaining of horrible stomach pains. His gf took him to the hospital. he was admitted for observation. They told Maura (his gf) to go home everything was fine. Friday morning he stopped breathing and went into cardiac arrest. They called his mom to come to the hospital after they had revived him. They were not sure how long he was without oxygen, but the doctor thought he had suffered brain damage. then while his mom was on the way, he suffered another cardiac arrest, it took them an hour to revive him and put him on life support. The doc told his mom there was almost no hope that he would recover. She decided to unplug the life support and he died between 6 and 6:30p on Friday. They have since found internal bleeding and the doc thinks he may have been bleeding out since May, but it was just so small that it wasn't until all the blood collected in his abdomen that he was in pain. They also believe he was suffering from minor seizures. His gf said that he would have these moments of 'zoning out', but they think there was previous brain damage and he was suffering this mini seizures. I know now that he is at peace and that give me peace.

Aaron and I have been friends or more than friends for 15 years. We met in high school history class. We dated briefly, but it just didn't work out, but we were always friends. While we have both changed a lot, our friendship hasn't. He called me every year on my birthday to sing to me. Aaron was a fun, outgoing, passionate man. He was always a gentleman and he was always a good friend. Aaron was the type of person to always put others first and make sure everyone around him was happy. I loved that about him. I have so many memories of him, I won't share them all. I am heartbroken and will have a place in my heart where Aaron will always be with me.

Pray for his mom and family. I know their grief is great.

1 comment:

texaslauren77 said...

I am so sorry to hear this. What a horrible chain of events. I am glad that he is no longer suffering, but saddened that he left too soon. I will keep him, his family, friends, and you in my thoughts and prayers.