Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Job

First off I should state that I hate my job. Hate is a strong word, but in this case warranted. There isn't anything particularly horrible about it, I just don't like it. I left a great company, who unfortunately couldn't keep my division open and had to lay everyone off. I started the job hunt and found what seemed like the same job I was doing, but for a growing and expanding global company. So I packed my desk and left my severance package for what I thought might be a better opportunity. They said they wanted someone with potential, which I mistakenly took as they wanted to train me, which they don't! I did point out that I was not qualified for the position in both my interviews, which I can only assume at this point, they never heard! And yet they continue to expect me to understand things in which I don't have any experience. I think I pick things up pretty quickly when they are explained to me, so I have to believe that it is the lack of training making my job so hard. They are really unorganized and my boss can barely use a computer! It makes it difficult to train me when he has no idea what I am supposed to be doing. Also they have, to this point, refused to outline my job expectations, which makes doing my job effectively impossible! Okay there is one horrible part...my office backs up to the Executive Men's bathroom. Yes the execs...they same one that can't save a file to his desktop without his admin asst helping him, get his own freaking bathroom! And they go in there and talk on the damn phones! It is gross! The final straw....they have HORRIBLE coffee (Folgers)!

No comments: